Monday, June 30, 2008

Ode to a Friend

We lost a close friend this last weekend. Brooks Hardy passed away on Saturday, June 28, 2008, in California of complications from diabetes. Brooks spent a lot of time at our house growing up & he was like a brother to me. He had such an incredible sense of humor & even though he had a lot of trials in his life, he was always in a good mood & was always trying to make everyone around him smile & laugh. He was so fun to be around & he had the best laugh. Thanks for all the memories Brooks, we will always remember you.



7 comments:

hannah said...

That is so sad! I totally remember Brooks. My thooughts and prayers go out to his family. That is so sad to see someone so young pass away.

The Knudsen Family said...

Aimee,
I hope you don't mind me commenting on your blog. But I saw your blog on Carrie's and saw this post you did and I just had to comment. My mom just told me about this today and I was so sad. I didn't know Brooks that well and I have not seen him in like 8 years, but I remember him just like you explained. He was such a cute boy and did always have a smile on his face and he always seemed so loving. This was a nice post that you have done for him. Thanks. I can't even tell you how sad this makes me to see someone so young taken away so early. But we are lucky to know he is in a better place. Thanks again.
Kelly Pace Knudsen

hannah said...

Hey Aimee! Thank you! You are a sweetheart! I get pretty lazy with my hair most of the time, but every now and then I'll get ambitious and actually do it. :) I hope you are having a good summer so far. Do you have any fun plans for the 4th? Have a great day and I'll talk to you later! :)

Tyler & Laura said...

Hi Aimee...I don't know if you remember me (Hannah's little sister, Laura) but I clicked on your link because I recognized your name...what a shock, though! That is so sad Brooks passed away. We were seriously in every class together from 2nd grade until we moved. It's terrible when people we know die...especially when they are so young.

hannah said...

Yeah, there's just the usual stuff going on during the 4th here in Logan. They do fireworks on the
3rd of July, though, which is just kinda strange. We usually just watch fireworks and have BBQ's-nothing to exciting. I miss the 4th of July parade and ol' derby in Delta, though. Growing up there was so much fun. :)

Devin and Chrissy said...

Hey Aimee. Sorry for your loss. I hope your doing ok. I hope you add me to blogger I have one now we can catch up and you can stay in touch. I hope again your doing ok.

Tyler & Laura said...

Thanks! We're doing good, just keeping busy and never getting enough sleep :) Ha, ha! Yeah, 'Jack' was the only name we could agree on, but it fits him well! How are you? It's fun to see familiar faces from Delta! It was always fun when you came over to play with Hannah at our house. Remember 'Poopy Jeans'? Ha ha!