Wednesday, June 11, 2008

Bon Iver: For Emma, Forever Ago

What I'm listening to: Bon Iver
Album: For Emma, Forever Ago

I gave myself this cd for my birthday & I have never been happier about spending $15 on a cd. This guy is phenomenal. His name is Justin Vernon, but makes music under the name Bon Iver (which I think is so cool). He went to his parents' hunting cabin in Northern Wisconsin & stayed there for 4 months & made this cd. He's got some serious talent & I love his voice. The whole cd is awesome. So, if anyone is looking for a good cd or something to get from iTunes, this is your guy.

I'm just throwing this out there: I've been known to like weird music, so if you don't appreciate this guy, don't hold it against me. I've been listening to his cd for the last 2 days straight. My favorite songs are Flume & Skinny Love.

3 comments:

carrie said...

Skinny Love? That sounds like the PERFECT song for you! I'll have to tell Sarah Spencer Todd about this CD she is a music FREAK! This

carrie said...

Yes, yes, I think it is Isaac! Sarah is in Florida, and she has a little girl named Ava who is 18 months old, she might be here in July for a visit.

hannah said...

Sounds cool! I'll have to check it out. :)