Thursday, June 26, 2008

This & That

It is officially my favorite time of year. No, not the unbearable, sweaty, hot summer. RODEO SEASON!! My favorite thing to do in the summertime is go watch DTown (aka Dallas, my younger/bigger bro) ride in all his rodeos. He rides bareback horses & bulls. And tonight he's riding in the Lehi rodeo, so if anyone in Utah County needs a good Thursday evening activity, I'd like to recommend the ole' Lehi Roundup! He usually rides in about 3 every weekend from Thursday through Saturday, so it's pretty exciting.

These are some pictures from our 1st Annual Fool Creek Gun Festival last weekend. I just named it that in case you were wondering. DTown is holding my P22 & I'm holding the Pug. He is such a stinker - I was so excited for him to shoot the pug & he looked at it & said, (in a very unimpressed tone), "Why did you buy this?" So then he shot it & said, "Huh. I guess it's pretty cool." But he WAS excited! He just didn't want to show it because he knew I wanted him to be excited about it.




This is Ian's friend Dave. He recently bought this 0.50 cal gun. It weighs like 30 lbs! It's nuts. And it cost WAY too much money. I think he ended up spending just over $10,000. Yes, that's ten thousand dollars!! I was way too big of a sissy to shoot it, but it was awesome just to watch someone shooting it. I was standing about 10 feet away & I could literally feel it when they'd shoot. Pretty neat. My boss came down for the festival & brought some stuff called Tannerite. It is basically TNT but it only explodes with a higher power rifle. This is what the washer looked like after we put 3 1-lb targets in it & blew it up.



And of course I can't leave this little number out. This is a video my SUPER TALENTED brother Ian made of some of the other stuff we blew up.

No comments: