On Friday we went to the Salt Palace to watch Sara take her oath & become a member of the Utah State Bar. I'm sure there are more technical terms for this whole process, but I don't know what they are. It was pretty neat to see her standing there with everyone, with her right hand raised. I got kind of a kick out of the lady administering the oath. She would say way too much of the oath at a time, so half the people were just mumbling & couldn't remember what they were supposed to say. It was pretty funny.
My dad's birthday was on Memorial Day this year, so everyone but one of my brothers was home to hang out. It was a lot of fun. My dad put us all to work yesterday (which is nothing new). He is going to build a deck/garage onto the back of their house, so me & Dylan went to help him load up all the wood. Dylan took his girlfriend in what I think is safe to say her first tractor ride. I'm not sure she loved it. But then we brought back the bundles of lumber & had to get them out of the trailor & stack them up nice. We had quite an assembly line going. It was pretty impressive.
Ian & Brenda brought their PS3 down & we played a little Rockband. Ok, we played a lot of Rockband. But it was pretty fun. I've never been much of a video game type of person, but I was having a great time playing with everyone. I even created my own little character, Aimnizzle. She had face paint & everything. Truth be told, she was kind of a nightmare & her outfit resembled what one might think is just underwear & a tank top, but man could she sing!!
Saturday night some of the gang went to the new Indiana Jones movie in Delta. I had to pass though, one because I really hate going to the movie in Delta, & two because I don't really care for Indiana Jones. But from what I heard, it was a great movie.
Me, Dallas, & Ian got my dad a new Werner ladder for his birthday. He seemed pretty excited about it. I asked him if that was what he wanted & he said, "Yes! I've always needed a real ladder." So I'm not sure if he's been using "not real" ladders lately or what. But now he has a real one. Some of the other kids got my dad a really cool 9mm pistol that he's been wanting. It's a Springfield 1911. It is really cool. In fact, next time I have about $1,500 to throw around, I'm buying myself that gun. I didn't get to shoot it this weekend, but I shot a similar one a few weeks ago & it was awesome. So I'm sure I'll be going home a lot more often to shoot it.
The best part of the weekend was that everyone was there. Well, almost everyone. But it's always fun to hang out & spend time together. Dallas was even around some throughout the weekend (he usually takes off to a rodeo on the weekends). I got to hang out with my cute niece Taryn, which is something I always look forward to. And I got to enjoy some of my mom's fabulous cooking. I probably should start paying a little more attention to her cooking skills so I can learn a thing or two.
All in all, it was a great weekend. It's always worth the trip for me to go home, especially when there's a party going on.

Taryn was giving me some loves after Sara's ceremony on Friday.

Me & Taryn playing some tunes.

Blair, Sara, & my dad. She already looks like a great lawyer!!

Mom & Me after Sara's ceremony.
6 comments:
It sounds like you had such a great weekend! Spending time with family is always fun. You and Taryn are so cute together. I can tell she loves her aunt Aimme. :) I always look forward to going home and eating my mom's cooking, too. And you are so stinkin' beautiful! I LOVE your hair! I totally forgot about my 3 barrel curling iron... :)
Sorry, I spelled "Aimee" wrong. Drrr!
I love your hair like it is in the pics, Aim, it looks so cute!! Taryn said Aimee again today...I'm sure it was because she was missing you.
Okay so your hair is so cute, I love it! I'm glad you had fun in Delta or at least it sounds like you did.
We totally need to play soon, I am missing you!! TTFN
Hey Aimee! I was going to stop by your house the other day. My Dad always wants to go to the Leamington cemetary on Memorial day and on the way back we drove by your house. I wasn't sure if you were home or not so I didn't stop but it sure would've been good to see you. We definately need to get together sometime! If you ever come to St George let me know!!
Okay, do you want to know something funny? When I found out Travis' b-day was on June 8th, I immediately thought, "Hey, that's Aimee's birthday, too!" Its weird how I remember random stuff like birthdays, and stuff like that. So, you're both going to be 24! Travis is excited about his birthdays, too, so you're not the only one! Have a Happy Birthday on Sunday! :)
Post a Comment