Friday, May 2, 2008

Old men & teeny bopper cheerleaders

I am sitting at work today by myself. My boss is gone to some appraisal class & my co-worker (yes, we have a total of 3 people in our company) is at his graduation at the U of U. So I've just been keeping myself company today. It's pretty lame.

The only good thing about it is that the window in my office looks out at the Sports Mall's (a gym in SLC) outdoor track, so I've been fortunate enough to watch a lot of really really really really old men run all day. And I'm being sarcastic, I don't appreciate it at all.

One guy in particular wears shorts that are entirely too short & he chooses not to wear a shirt. I'd take a picture, but it's too gross, so you'll just have to trust me on this one. Then after running for approximately 4 1/2 hours, he does a headstand. Yep, a headstand. I don't know what the crap he's doing it for. No joke, this guy has got to be like 70 years old. I can't imagine that standing on his head for half the day is helping him out much.

Anyway, that's what I've been watching all day. And he does this every day, so if anyone is ever bored or wants to learn some good exercises, feel free to come on over to Christensen Appraisal Group & you can catch the show for free.

Oh & in the afternoons, from about 2 to 4, there's a cheerleading group that practices on the grass right next to my window!! Judging by their appearance, I'd guess they're about 12 years old. They all weigh about 65 pounds & have voices so high pitched, I'm surprised I can even hear them screaming at the top of their lungs. You'd think only a dog could hear that high of a decible. And, the best part is, their coach or whatever you want to call her, has a whistle & whistles along with every word as they're screaming. It's a real treat.

4 comments:

Rappleye Family said...

Aimee! That is freakin hilarious! Thanks for sharing! That painted a nice picture in my head lol..you know, being 70 and still working out that hard...man kudos on that one!

Anonymous said...

hey
thats pretty dang funny!!! i can totally see it now. remember our cheerleading days ...i don't miss that at all do you? it seems like it was forever ago.

by the way your niece is adorable.

Nina Olson said...

K are you ready..... Preston will be here on May 23rd.

hannah said...

Your job sounds about as fun and eventful as mine! They have been doing construction on this building since August, and they STILL aren't finished. The two guys (yes, only TWO men are working on it!) I have nicknamed "Tweedle Dumb" and "Tweedle Dumber". It gets really annoying because it is so noisy all the time! The sounds of saws, hammering, air compressors, etc, are enough to want me to drive this pen through my eye! Plus, one of the guys only has one front tooth and he's pretty disgusting. Ahh, I love work. :)