Monday, January 23, 2012

31 weeks

So if you saw this picture & wondered "could she get any bigger?!" the answer is we hope not.  ha ha.  About every time I look in the mirror, I think "I don't think I can get any bigger."  And then I do.  Pregnancy has been an amazing and beautiful thing to experience.  I am 31 weeks & so excited for him to get here! 

I feel pretty dang lucky because other than one day at the very beginning, I haven't been sick at all.  For the most part I have felt pretty good. I have had a few days (or weeks) here & there where I just haven't felt great. I have been super crabby (or crabbier than normal) while I've been pregnant, so that's been fun for everyone around me I'm sure.  Jordon has been so amazing for putting up with my unpleasantness.

I was given a blood sugar meter a few weeks ago since I'm a sugar fein.  I thought I was doing pretty good cutting down on the sugar the last 7 months, but clearly I wasn't.  I went in for my glucose challenge test & drank the sweetest, flattest Sprite ever!  Ok, not Sprite, but that's what it tasted like.  My doctor's nurse said that normal range is 85 to 140 and mine was 168.  So she said technically I have gestational diabetes, but don't need to do insulin yet.  So I've been monitoring my blood sugar every day & I have stopped eating anything that tastes good.  Ok, not really.  But I actually think I have been doing pretty good.  Anyone who knows me knows I cannot handle needles.  (Even when it's a tiny little stupid one that I can't even see poking my finger.)  I sure wish my Granny Mae was here to give me a pep talk some days.  I think of her every time I have to check it & I have to psych myself out to do it.  I know, I'm a total sissy.

I am so excited for Jordon to be a daddy.  I can't wait to see him with our little man.  I know he is going to be amazing.  He is so good with our little nieces and nephews.  He has to work next week when I have my next ultrasound & I am so bummed that he can't be there.  He has been so great & has gone to every single doctor appointment with me!  I asked my mom to go with me to the ultrasound.  She never had ultrasounds with any of her babies & I think it is so amazing how much technology has changed.  I am excited for her to be there with me & see him moving on the screen instead of just looking at the pictures I bring home. 

We are still moving along with our house building process.  Or trying to.  I feel like it is never-ending & it has really tested my patience.  We are hoping to start the actual building in the spring.  So we'll see how it goes. 

3 comments:

Brenda said...

You are such a beautiful pregnant lady! Love the new pic!!

Mikkell, Chris, Maclee,& Marlee said...

OH MY GOSH! You have got to be THEE ABSOLUTE CUTEST PREGNANT GIRL I HAVE SEEN. I am so happy for you. I am glad things are going good. I miss ya and love ya! tell your fam hi

gregandjaime said...

I love seeing you this way. I am so sad that we don't live that far apart and I never see you!! I am so excited for you to take this journey of being a mom its the best thing in the world! Love ya Aims!!