Sunday, April 24, 2011

Happy Easter!

Well we didn't do much for Easter weekend because we're not in Utah with our families. But we did go for a nice Sunday drive & see some fun things. We went to Alexandria Bay & were disappointed to find that cute little town is still shut down for the winter. But they are opening back up mid-May so I am looking forward to that.

We made our way to Keewaydin State Park & did some hiking around. We took some pictures of the St. Lawrence River. I also got a good picture of the 1000 Islands Bridge. It goes from New York to Canada. Just a sidenote - the state parks here are like a mile of space. Pretty lame compared to the amazing parks in & around Utah.

1000 Islands Bridge


I had to get a picture of Jordon hiking around with his sweatshirt tied around his waist. I thought he looked great.




Me & Trixie.


I loved this little boathouse, I thought it was so cute.



St. Lawrence River



Me & Jordon in front of the St. Lawrence River.



And now in the other direction.











Jordon trying to get Trixie to come down to the water. She did not want to!!






Easter is just not the same in New York. We did get to skype with my parents & Jonah bug. I love that kid. He is so dang cute. He was so funny. I asked him if I could come home in a few months & play with him or take him on the fourwheeler & he kept telling me no.




We are counting down to the end of May because Dallas is coming to visit again. And then after we get to spend some more days with Dallas, we'll be counting down til we get to go home & see all our families!

3 comments:

Liz Szilagyi said...

It's so nice and woodsy there. It reminds me of Canada. I hope it warms up for you sometime soon.

Amy said...

I love the scenery pictures. Especially the boat house. I'd move into it :)

nic said...

I can't believe Trix doesn't like the water. Silly puppy. Cute new background!