Wednesday, April 6, 2011

.l.o.v.e. my family!

I've been doing some intense thinking lately. Mostly because Jordon is gone all the time (thanks for that, Army) and I hang out with a dog when I'm not at work. I've always known I was raised in an exceptional area by exceptional people. My family is the most important thing in the world to me. I love them all so much. I never thought living in New York and being so far away from everyone would be so difficult. I knew it would be hard not being able to see them on a regular basis, but I never thought it would be this hard. I have serious issues with the two hour time difference between Utah and New York. When I want to talk to folks in Utah, they are usually still at work. When they can call & chat, I am usually in bed. We wake up too early. And even after living in New York for 7 months, I still think to myself when I wake up in the morning, "It is 3:30 am in Utah right now, etc." Anyway. I have been lucky enough to talk to some of my family the last few weeks & it makes me so happy. I love talking to my brothers & sisters. I love hearing all the fun things they are doing & hearing about my nieces & nephews growing up too fast. I love talking to my parents. I love the updates they give on everyone. I am super thankful for my family. And for Jordon's family, too. They are all so amazing and supportive. It is crazy to think that a year ago I was going home every weekend, even during the week sometimes, to see my parents and Dallas. And it is so depressing to me that in the last 7 months we have gone home one time. I sure do miss Utah. And the people there. My sister-in-law Darci had their baby today & I am so bummed that I couldn't go to the hospital with everyone to see baby Jude. I'm bummed that I can't see Jonah bug be a big brother. I can't wait to go home & see all my family!!!

2 comments:

Liz Szilagyi said...

Ugh, I hated that every time I was driving home from work and would think "I want to talk to my mom" -- I soon remembered I couldn't. That never went away.

Sara said...

I hope that the title to your post is a shout-out to that Wyclef song. And I for one cannot wait til you guys move back in August!