We ate lunch at a place called Taco Del Mar or something like that. It was pretty good. Kind of random. Then we kept going into Phoenix. We got to Gilbert about an hour before Mandi got off work so we bummed around for a little bit. The Ross in Gilbert is ridiculous. I have never seen stuff so cheap there. Ok, that's a lie. I have never seen cute things so cheap at Ross.
Thursday night we went to dinner at a place called Oregano's. It is by far one of my favorite places to eat in Arizona. They have really good pan pizzas. And we got some cheese bread that was pretty good as well. Friday we went & walked around San Tan Village, got pedicures, & just hung out. We ate dinner at a Mexican place called Nando's or something like that. Then on Saturday we went to Chandler mall for a little while. Mandi wasn't feeling well, so we were going to drive home Saturday night but Jon & Rita vetoed that idea. So we stayed in a hotel in Chandler and drove home yesterday.
Saturday night me & MacKenzie went to dinner at Dos Gringos in Chandler. It was pretty bumpin. I totally biffed it walking into the restaurant. It was hilarious. My foot fell in a hole and I could not stop myself. MacKenzie said it was in slow motion. I have zero coordo, so I'm sure it was entertaining for everyone that saw me. And about half the restaurant did because it was an outdoor type deal. My knees are all bruised, my back is killing, and I have a bruise on the palm of my hand!! Who gets bruises on their hands?! Regardless of all things klutz, we had a really fun time.
Yesterday we had planned on waking up at about 8 & heading home. We even got a wake up call from my mom, but we were so tired & we didn't end up leaving the hotel until 11. We stopped in Glendale & had breakfast at the biggest Denny's ever. Then we went on our way. The good news is there was a flippin sand storm from Flagstaff to Page, so we were going about 30 miles an hour the whole time. It was super. Then it was snowing by Hatch & near Panguitch, so that slowed us down as well. We got to Delta at about 10:30, and got to Orem at 12:30.
So there's my novel for the month. We had a fun trip & enjoyed some nice 90 degree weather. We've already decided where our next trip will be & I can't wait. Here are some pics of our trip:
We're not sure what the "Area of Rescue" means. But it was in the Hampton Inn, so you know it's legit.
Me & Mands. Bein goofy.
This was more of a close up than we planned on.
Best friends!




5 comments:
You were right by where I live. I live by Santan Village! and yay for Ross down here!
I'm ao jealous I wish I could come with you guys!! I bet your trips are so fun! You guys are so stinking cute!
how cute are you guys?? :) it sounds like your little road trip was way fun! i'm glad you were able to get away and have a break from school for a little while. :)
You better be planning on the Kirk next!
wish we could have seen ya!! looks like you guys had fun.
Post a Comment