Monday, March 16, 2009

tell me I won't!

Who says you can't have a mid-life crisis at age 24? The good news is, I'm getting it out of the way right now so I don't have to deal with it in 20 years. So that's exciting, no?

I'm having issues with what to do next in life. I have a strong dislike for Utah County, Utah Valley University, and a medium dislike for my job. And since I'm on a 10-year plan to graduate from college, now would be a good time to go somewhere else.

I've been creating more & more options hoping that would help my inability to make decisions. As it turns out, it hasn't helped me. So now I've been accepted to a few universities and have an interview at a school for something entirely different, and I still can't decide what to do.

It would be nice if I was 16 & didn't have to be responsible. If that were the case, I'd move to Fool Creek, mooch off Jon & Rita, & sleep in til noon every day. However, since I don't want my parents to disown me, I'm going to go ahead & keep working. And I'm going to wake up at a reasonable hour every morning (with help from my mom's daily phone calls, of course).

So, while I continue being a responsible individual who gets out of bed & goes to work, could you tell me what to do next? Seriously. It's really cramping my style (or lack of).

7 comments:

Liz Szilagyi said...

No one warns you about it, but I think everyone has a crisis around that age. Getting a career is a huge life change, of course it's stressful. I don't have any advice, but I do support your dislike of Happy of Valley and UVU.

gregandjaime said...

I agree with Liz on everyone having a crisis around our age! Where else have you been accepted? I would love for you to come live with me -- thers not much going on but we could have a grand old time!

The Lovells said...

Your always welcome in St. Louis. I could send my Admissions people after you if you like.

Ashley Abbott said...

You're so lucky to have so many options!! Take advantage of this time because you're pretty lucky to have it!! Not that I don't love being married and having kids, somtimes I just miss those days! I think you should move to Cedar and hang out with me all of the time! No but seriously what is your interview for? You're so stinking smart I'm jealous

hannah said...

Good luck with everything! I agree with Liz, figuring out what to do for a career is a huge life change. Maybe a little change of scenery could be just what you need. :)

-The Nielsens- said...

I would hate to see you leave here.... for purely selfish reasons!! You are a strong & smart individual who will make the best choice for yourself. Follow your heart, sometimes the head just gets in the way!

The Newest Mexicans said...

Bail Utah County... move to somewhere new. You may not like it a great deal, and... you may love it a grrrrreat deal... Those are your only real options.