Wednesday, April 1, 2009

Karaoke?

Ok, you may or may not know (or care) that at Applebee's on Tuesday nights is Karaoke. We found this out by accident. Megan & I went to Applebee's last night to visit our friend, Reno, who works there. Luckily we went at the perfect time because at 9 p.m. people just came flooding in. We heard some sweet tunes. The majority of the people singing had negative amounts of talent.

But there was this old man, I'd guess he was about 75, his name was Ray. He was a total cowboy. He had the whole get-up on, excluding a handkerchief. Old Ray got up there & sang Frank Sinatra. He sang Frank Sinatra! HE SANG FRANK SINATRA!!! And he loved it. He was totally getting into it. It was great. I haven't laughed that hard in a long time.

We were lucky enough to see one of Dallas' rodeo buddies sing a David Allen Coe song. That alone was a treat. I could have just seen that one performance & been good for the rest of the night. Oh, but I can't forget the guy who was beat boxing. The whitest beat boxer you have ever seen. And there was a table of 5 black guys that were totally getting into it. They were singing along to some rap song while the guy was doing his thing. It was so funny.

So, now if you're ever in happy valley & can't find something fun to do. Go watch the shenanigans that go on at Applebee's. It's hilarious.

3 comments:

Amy said...

Hey--now that sounds like fun. I had no idea Applebee's did that...thanks for informing us :)

Ashley Abbott said...

Hey were you visiting Reno Pace? I love him if you see him again tell him I said hi!!

hannah said...

Oh my gosh, I would have LOVED to witness people making fools out of themselves like that!!! That is so hilarious! I didn't know Applebee's did that either...I'll keep that in mind. You guys should go back again!