Thursday, October 14, 2010

here it is

So it turns out NY isn't as bad as I thought. Well, I take that back. It blows. The ONLY thing I love about it is coming home to my husband & cute dog every night.

I finally got a job after the longest 3 weeks of my life. I'm working at a dental office & loving it so far. I'm making friends with lots of co-workers. And getting grilled about Utah & "those mormons." People come up with some pretty interesting questions. Probably my favorite so far was when a lady said, "so my friend (name) is a mormon and he lives in Utah. Do you know him?" I wanted to say, "oh ya, clearly I know him because I'm a mormon from Utah." People are funny.

Jordon is in a training right now so he's gone WAY TOO MUCH. Like 900 hours a day too much. 6 days a week too much. Alarms at 4:30 am too much. He gets home at night & all he wants to do is eat dinner & go to sleep. It's kind of a bummer, but only 10 more days I think & he'll be done.

We don't get to go home for T-give, but we will be going home for Christmas. And I think it will be for longer than we had anticipated, but we don't know for sure yet. So we'll see what happens with that.

So far the only thing I really enjoy about New York is the fall leaves changing. I hate the 30 degree mornings. I hate walking into rain every time I go outside. Literally. It has rained almost every day since we got here, which was September 9, thank you very much. Also, I hate smug dipsticks, which happens to be the general population in most situations. I guess it's just a given that if you're a New Yorker then you can be a weiner. Ok, not always. But I have had way too many experiences with jackasses, especially for only being here for a month & 5 days.

We got a cute dog a few days before we left for New York & she is awesome. We named her Trixie Dickinson, but we just call her Trixie. She's freakin cute. And she's funny as heck. She thinks she's super mean & scary. But she only weighs 4 pounds. She gets so excited when we get home at night that she pees everywhere. I think it's funny, Jordon wants to kill her. But she's so cute & she's a good companion when Jordon isn't here.

Anyway, that's all I have for now. I don't have any pictures or anything fun. Just information, which is probably fine since 3 people read this & probably only 1 of you enjoys reading. ha ha.

So there's that.

4 comments:

Ashley Abbott said...

I ENJOY IT!!! I wish it happened more often!

nic said...

Wait, I enjoy it too. There must be more people than you think Aim. Take some pictures of the pretty changing leaves sometime. Dan and I haven't had a chance to drive up the canyon yet. Sure miss you!

Amy said...

There are more of us out there than you think ;)
Hang in there!

Anonymous said...

Okay... I wish I was in New York. Please take pictures and post them so I feel like I am there.