Saturday, January 24, 2009

this & that...

Calculus - I'm not going to get ahead of myself, but I'm pretty excited that calculus is sort of making sense to me. (Note that this is the second time for me to take it, so it better make sense!) There is a kid in my class that just can't seem to get it figured out & asks a million questions, & I think to myself, "poor guy, he'll be taking this class again next semester." My teacher is great though. He has a pseudo-speech impediment. I say pseudo because it's only there sometimes. I always think of the beaver on Lady & The Tramp. And if you haven't seen that recently, watch it. And then be jealous that I get to listen to an adult man say his s's like the beaver. It's awesome. AND his last name is Heiny. Like your rear-end. So there's that.

I went to dinner with my parents & DTown last night at the steakhouse in Nephi. Dallas did NOT want to go, but we forced him. I think he figured that if he would go to dinner with us, then I would stop harassing him. But he was wrong. Anyway, as we were ordering our food at the steakhouse, Dallas told our server that he wanted a full rack of ribs. The server, who clearly hadn't taken a good look at Paul Bunyan sitting next to me, asked him if he was sure he wanted the full rack, because they were "kinda big." Me & my parents just started laughing. I said, "Have you seen him? He eats a TON!" I don't know why, but some people totally underestimate that kid. He is a monument.

I had something fairly exciting happen to me a couple weeks ago. I t-boned a mexican. That's not the exciting part! The exciting part is that my dad is freakin' awesome & rented me a sweet car. The mexican ran a stop sign & it was icy & snowy & I tried to stop, but I just slammed right into him. The dumb idiot didn't slow down at all when he was turning in front of me, & I was going like 25, so we had a good little collision. It didn't do anything to his car, but pretty much the whole front end of mine was on the road. So the insurance companies are fighting about it now because the mexican is an idiot (did I say that already?) and his insurance adjuster is a bigger idiot. Meanwhile, my forcus had almost as much damage done to it as I paid for the flippin car. I was hoping they'd just total it, but no, it's getting fixed!

I'm debating whether or not I should start pan-handling, so I can get scrape some money together to go back to Arizona. It was in the 80s last week & Utah was like 12. It was actually painful for me to walk out to the car to go to school one morning.

Well that's all the excitement I've had in my life lately. And it's not even that exciting. But I am still alive. Nuc & Dan are coming in Feb for a few days, so that's something to look forward to.

4 comments:

Mudrow Memories said...

Oh my goodness Aimee! You are so funny! Your blog always makes me laugh! Sorry about your car that really sucks!

hannah said...

Ha ha! I honestly laugh out loud when I read your blog--you are so funny!!! Were you talking about "The other boleyn girl" movie? The book is SOOO much better than the movie. I honestly coudln't put it down. There's a whole series about Henry the 8th and all the drama with his 6 different wives. They're SO interesting and quite entertaining. Have a great weekend!!! Talk to you soon!

Anonymous said...

Hey Aimee, I have been so out of the loop with blogginh for a while out baby has been sick since basically the beginning of December, so I just read through like2 or 3 pages of your blog. I along with those other 2 love reading your blog you make me laugh too. Congrats on getting into the U.

Nina Olson said...

AIMEE!! What is going on? Oh I am the worst friend, I miss you and feel like we never ever talk anymore, I tried texting you the other day and it was the wrong number. I hope you are doing good. Sorry I am not good at staying in touch like I should, I am not doing so well these days. Sometimes I feel I would rather be in the ground. The pain becomes unbearable. Text me your new #.

Love ya,
Nina