Seriously, I had big plans. I was going to be one of those moms that is really good at blogging & keeping notes on my baby. I had these great plans to chronicle every second of every day. (not really). But I really did have big plans to keep a good account of Nixon & everything he is learning & doing. But I just want to enjoy him. I like to just watch him & enjoy his laugh & his smiles. So, I'm sucking at the whole blogging thing, but I am doing real good at enjoying my son. I am having so much fun being a mom & I don't know how I ever felt content with life before Nixon came.
I am still adjusting to the whole "raise another human" thing. I have been having lots of those moments where I look at him & can't believe he's mine. I am amazed every single day at how much love I have for this little man. He is the best thing in the world! Someone recently said to me, "now you know how much your parents love you, don't you?" And it's true. I mean, my parents have always been amazing & they have always told me that they love me & would do anything for me. But it's just something you can't even grasp until you have a child of your own. I would do anything for him. I saw this quote the other day that said, "No one really understands the strength of my love for you. After all, you are the only one who knows what my heart sounds like from the inside." And I cried. Because it's so true.
Nixon is almost 5 months & it is so depressing. He is changing every day & constantly doing new things. It's funny how a few years ago I would have never guessed I'd be in this place where I so love the little things. Like how he laughs his head off whenever I change a stinky diaper. (He must know my brothers or something.) Or how he coos himself to sleep. Cutest. Thing. Ever. And today he figured out how to put his hands to his mouth. It is the tiniest little thing, but it's incredible to watch. He concentrates so hard & gets real mad if it takes him too long. He may or may not have a temper like someone else I know.
Nixon is seriously the happiest baby. I am so lucky. He sleeps well & he mostly only cries if he is hungry. It's amazing. I can definitely wait for him to grow up, & I wish time would slow down. But it sure is fun to hang out with this little stud every day.
I love his little smiles. I have a hard time getting pictures of him smiling cause as soon as I pull out my camera he goes super serious. It's pretty cute.
He LOVES Aunt Nicole. I think it's safe to say she is his favorite aunt. And she spoils him like crazy. He is a lucky guy.
So this little dangly toy is his favorite. I'd have never guessed at 4 months old he'd have a favorite toy, but he does. He totally loves it. And he really likes to hold on to it. He fell asleep holding it the other day & had a death grasp on it. So he slept like that for about an hour.
This is Mr. Serious Pants. This is the face I get whenever I try to take a picture. He is definitely his dad's son.
I thought I'd better show that we are actually making progress on our damn house. It is crazy that it is finally happening. It felt like after working on it & talking about it nonstop for a year that it was just never going to happen. And now it's happening & it's going to be so great when it's done. This first picture is taken from behind our lot, but I had to show those mountains. That's what we'll be looking at out our front door every day. I don't think there's a better view anywhere.
And here's Jordon checking out the basement. I am so excited to watch this process happen & see everything unfold. It'll be really fun to not be homeless anymore.







5 comments:
Cute! Hey Congrats on the house! Thats exciting! Where are you building at? I didn't see if you said where.
Thanks Tasha! We are building in Leamington. If you turn by the fire department & go past the church up that little hill our lot is right on the corner. It's pretty exciting.
Aimee-You are such a great Mama!! Nixon is so blessed to have YOU!
What a freaking cutie! You really do need to blog more. I am so excited for your new homeowning adventure!!! What a great view you will have. CONGRATULATIONS!
He is getting so big!! He is so handsome! Yay on the house!! That is so exciting.. I bet you are getting so excited to have it done!
Post a Comment