Monday, September 13, 2010

Palmyra, New York

So we decided that even though we just took four days & drove from Utah to New York, we were going to go check out Palmyra. It was awesome. It's only about 2 hours from where we live. We got to see the house Joseph Smith lived in as a young boy, the farm, the Sacred Grove, and the Palmyra Temple. It was so fun to go see this stuff with Jordon. Here are a few pictures from our little outing.
The Palmyra Temple.
This was our attempt at a self-taken family photo in front of the Sacred Grove sign.


Me & Trixie in front of the Sacred Grove sign. And yes, this is my third dog in a month. But I'm not even going to talk about it. So just know that we now have a cute little chorkie named Trixie.
Me & Jordon in the Sacred Grove.

This is a shed the Smith family used.
Another shed.
This was the house they lived in. On the plaque it said they had a "comfortable living." That was pretty humbling for me.

3 comments:

Brenda said...

Sweet trip! & cute dog...Taryn will be very jealous when I show her these pics tomorrow. We sure do miss you. Hope all is going well!!

Cassa Carter said...

oh this makes me miss you guys so much... come back home!!! I am so glad that you are having a good time!!! Love you guys

Anonymous said...

That is amazing! I am so jealous that you are in New York. So.... I am going to come stay with you right? Your family is super cute. Good job!