"back to school, back to school, to show my dad I'm not a fool."
Ok, so Jon doesn't actually think I'm a fool. I just had a little Billy Madison moment & thought of that song he sings on the movie.
Anyway, it's back to school for me today & I have mixed feelings. I'm not very stoked to be going back to school & not having a life. But I am almost done with UVU. I have 5 classes left to get my Associate's & then it's off to the U of U for Business School. I am excited about that. It's pretty frustrating for me because I should be done by now, but my mom was right when she said if I pay for my own school it will mean a lot more to me & I will try a lot harder. I think I definitely try a lot harder than I would if I wasn't paying for it myself. Luckily I have a really cool boss who actually wants me to get an education (which is weird for me because the last boss I had would've done anything to keep me from going to school). My boss does tuition reimbursement at the end of the semester & always tells me to make school my first priority (even though sometimes I don't feel like doing that).
I'm taking macro & micro economics, calculus, & a couple other non-noteworthy classes. So I'm putting this disclaimer out there right now: Blair & Ian - I will be coming to you frequently during the semester for help. Blair for economics, & Ian for math. So get excited!
Oh & this is random, but here's a picture I stole from the Lucas Family Blog. I have been doing 5k & 10k races with Sara & Blair over the summer & let me just say that after doing one by myself, they are a lot easier (& definitely more fun!) to do when someone else is doing it with me. Even though every time Sara & Blair were waiting for me at the end cause I run really slow, it's still nice to have them there. This picture was after we ran the Speedy Spaniard 10k in Spanish Fork on the 24th of July. I'm hoping to run a marathon in the next year, so I've been entering more & more races. Sara & I are running the Save a Sister 10k in October down in St. George & I'm really excited. The proceeds benefit breast cancer research. Anyway, I sure do love my running buddies!

I'm going home this weekend & I am so excited! I can't wait to see Dallas. I haven't seen him for almost a month because every time I've gone home he is always gone. He started working for Nephi Sandstone a couple of weeks ago so he's been going to bed at ridiculous hours cause he wakes up at like 5:00 or something I think. So I haven't even hardly talked to him either. Also, my mom's side of the family is camping all weekend, so I'm planning to get in on that & then do some camping with my friends on Sunday night. I LOVE going camping & I haven't been forever, so it's going to be really fun. AND my cousin Kurt is going on a mission to Houston & his mission farewell is this weekend. I love Labor Day weekend & seeing all my family!! The oddest thing about this whole weekend is we're all going home but Jon & Rita aren't even going to be there. They're in the ABQ helping Dan & Nicole move into a new house. Nicole is coming home next week for Dylan & Darci's wedding & I am really excited for that. I can't wait to see her!!
2 comments:
I'm running my first 5K next week. I'm scared!
Hey Aimee! I know, it so awful that summer is over. I'm so sad! Yes, Travis likes his classes so far. He's majoring in Food Tech Management and has a meat class that he absolutely loves. I know, we need to get together sometime and go to lunch or something. Weekends are best, so let me know what works for you! :) And congrats on doing all your little marathons. Way to go! :)
Post a Comment